Question

Reading geodatbase error on attribute width

Badge +10

Hello There

we are reading Geodatabase and writing to PostGIS DB , the DGB reader is showing attribute width with 0 value and when we open it in ArcMap, the same attribute do have 50 value as a width, no idea why FME is not reading the value?

arc Map view

FME geoDB reader

7 replies

Userlevel 4

Which version of FME and ArcGIS are you running?

For what it's worth, I've never seen this issue before.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Do the two screenshots (ArcMap and FME) show the schema of an identical table? Not only data types, but also most attribute names are different. I don't think those illustrate the same table definition.

Repost your screenshots.

Badge +10

@david_r

we are running FME 18 and Arc MAP 10.1

Badge +10

@takashi

Sorry I have done a new print screen for the same data

printarc-issue-read-text-lenght-2.png

Badge +10

Do the two screenshots (ArcMap and FME) show the schema of an identical table? Not only data types, but also most attribute names are different. I don't think those illustrate the same table definition.

Repost your screenshots.

we did find a way to get the with, by reading from source gdb and write to dgb

then we take the new gdb and use it as a reader, now all the with the attribute are fixed

but during the translation when writing to PostGIS we get this error

( Error executing SQL command ('CREATE INDEX "Cadastral_Dataset_Buildings_geom_153019375278" ON "Tansiq"."Cadastral_Dataset_Buildings" USING GIST ("geom")'): 'ERROR: relation "Tansiq.Cadastral_Dataset_Buildings" does not exist

')

Badge +10

Repost your screenshots.

Just for the info we are using a dynamic transformation

this is the reader configuration

dynamic-config.png

Userlevel 4
Just for the info we are using a dynamic transformation

this is the reader configuration

dynamic-config.png

In your place my first option would be to re-create the reader in a blanc workspace. If that doesn't work, you may have to consider contacting Safe support.