Question

Merging multiple attributes

• 16 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am making a workbench that closes polygons and add them multiple attributes from shape file. I succeeded to do that but now I am facing a problem because for example I have ~1300 polygons that are area and I am using NeighborFinder to relate it with parcel number and some more names. My problem is that some polygons have multiple information, for example, some parcels have parcel number, name of region, name of municipality and name of river crossing it. All these attributes should be assigned to one parcel number and one polygon but it is not what is happening.

I am attaching screen shots of my problem.

In this picture You can see that for example parcel no 1588 have more attributes then just parcel number but I don't know what reason for it is not being merged.

4 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

If I understood your question correctly, Try PointOnAreaOverlayer once and let me know

Pratap

Badge

Hi,

If I understood your question correctly, Try PointOnAreaOverlayer once and let me know

Pratap

test-model.fmw

It says translation failed, I don't know what's the problem.

Badge +2
test-model.fmw

It says translation failed, I don't know what's the problem.

Hi,

You have connected lines to area port. Kindly remove and execute
Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @maliodpalube, the NeighborFinder merges only attributes of the closest candidate feature to the matched base feature. If you need to merge attributes of three point features from different feature types to a base feature, I think cascading three NeighborFinders like this would be an easy way.