Question

Which Measure is Returned with PointOnLineOverlayer when Multiple Routes Returned?

Badge +13

I'm using the PointOnLineOverlayer to extract route/segment information including measures. However, when multiple routes are stacked on top of each other and I get a list of routes like this:

When I scroll down to look at the measures, I only see 1 measure:

Which line segment/route is this measure tied to? Is there a way to extract the measure from the route/segment of my choosing? I don't understand why the coordinates, including measures, couldn't be included in the list that is generated by the PointOnLineOverlayer.

Thanks,

Mark

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

The measure that is returned corresponds to the line which is first in the list. The order of the list appears to be determined by the order in which line features enter the transformer with the last feature entering being the first in the list.

Badge +13

The measure that is returned corresponds to the line which is first in the list. The order of the list appears to be determined by the order in which line features enter the transformer with the last feature entering being the first in the list.

That makes sense. Thanks. I got my issue solved with the 'Group By' parameter to isolate unique routes and measures. It would be nice if that PointOnLineOverlayer transformer could include coordinates info (X,Y,Z,M) for each overlap.

Badge +2

@mmccart It looks like you have found a solution. But if needed, you could preserve the point geometries as an encoded geometry on an attribute (using GeometryExtractor) or as X/Y/Z/M using a combination of the CoordinateExtractor & MeasureExtractor. This would add your geometries to your list.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

@mmccart It looks like you have found a solution. But if needed, you could preserve the point geometries as an encoded geometry on an attribute (using GeometryExtractor) or as X/Y/Z/M using a combination of the CoordinateExtractor & MeasureExtractor. This would add your geometries to your list.

The measure is only transferred to the point using the PointOnLineOverlayer so it's not possible to store the measure for inclusion in the list

Badge +2

The measure is only transferred to the point using the PointOnLineOverlayer so it's not possible to store the measure for inclusion in the list

true. thanks