Question

select mutually exclusive from offset polygons

• 31 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge

I've offset a number of yellow polys in this example 3 original inputs in the one layer.

I would like to subset this by selecting only the polygons that are mutually exclusive i.e. select only the polygons on the bottom left that do not overlap the other 2. Then all the polys on the top middle that do not overlap with the bottom left and right and so on.

Here are some of the end results that would work in teal. I did this manually but there would be more of each.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hello @tfsrichard

I think you could use the transformer AreaOnAreaOverlayer to check the overlaps between the polygons, and after use the transformer Tester to check the value of attribute overlaps = 0.

If you have questions, please share us the simple of data.

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

Hello @tfsrichard

I think you could use the transformer AreaOnAreaOverlayer to check the overlaps between the polygons, and after use the transformer Tester to check the value of attribute overlaps = 0.

If you have questions, please share us the simple of data.

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi, this does not give the desired result with the attached input data.mutuallyexclusive.zip

Badge +22

I would try something with the SpatialRelator and Attributes that Must Differ (Unique Identifier on the original polygons)

Userlevel 4
Badge +30
Hi, this does not give the desired result with the attached input data.mutuallyexclusive.zip

Thanks for the example

Badge +3

Overlaying will not yield a result. Simply because in the sample data there will be some overlap for all objects.

AreaOnAreaOverlaying will give minimal overlap =1. And of course those are all the tiny outer edge bits.

You can:

1) Aggregator on Object_ID.

2) Sampler : first 1.

3) SpatialRelator: Sampled 1 as Requesor and NotSampled as Suplier. Test "Requestor Overlaps Supplier".

4) Tester _related_candidates = 0

like this spatialunrelatedsubsets.fmwt

5) next set. Sampler : evry Nth = 2 etc. For as many Object_ID'as are present. This you would need to iterate.

Grouped processing is possible if you create all permutations first.

requestor Supplier

135 76&66

66 135&76

etc.

In your sample data first test fails. There are no sets with 1 of each object_id that do not overlap
Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi,

Attached the Workspace template:

workspaceoverlaps.fmwt