Question

Issue reading Geomedia SQL server boolean. Reader vs FeatureReader

Badge +4

I'm wondering if there is a glitch in the Geomedia SQL Server Reader. I have a number of feature classes that have boolean fields in them that I want to use in my FME process. When I read in the data with a Reader and connect it to an AttributeExposer, the boolean field comes across, but the data all shows as "<missing>". However, when I do the same thing but with a FeatureReader, it works fine. So, I'm wondering if there is a glitch with this type of Reader.

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi @drc43,

Sorry you've encountered this issue. It is a known issue and I am attaching this post to the existing issue (internal reference: FMEENGINE-58288).

Nice find on a workaround with the FeatureReader > AttributeExposer to read in the boolean values though!

Another workaround to use the reader itself is open the Reader Feature Type > User Attributes > set it to "All Attributes", and then pass it to the AttributeExposer.

I'll update on this post when this issue is resolved.

- Andrea

Badge +4

@andreaatsafe

Thanks for your reply Andrea. I knew there had to be something going on that was making the two work differently. I will keep the reader workaround in mind for future work. Thanks again.