Question

Workspace Runner Failure Message - Could it be better than what I am currently doing?

Badge +7

Hey,

I am currently running this workspace runner with an emailer sending me an email if it fails.

Unfortunately my emails are not very valuable as it is a wall of text. I do love the way the translation log is formatted, so I am curious, can I instead of outputting this _failure_message, output the child workspace translation log? I would find that much more valuable

Current email format which I am not happy with:

Is anyone doing something similar, but providing more useful output upon workspace failure?

Thanks heaps.

2 replies

Badge +1

Maybe you can consider adding the logfile of the workspace that is called by your workspacerunner as an attachment to the mail? Normally the path to this logfile does not change so it should be easy to add. I would not add the whole logfile as text in the e-mail itself since it tends to get quite long rather quick. Another option is that you read the logfile as a text file using the featurereader after the workspacerunner and filter on lines that contain 'ERROR' or 'WARN' and add these to your e-mail.

Badge +8

What you can do in your workspace that you call, is to add terminators (with a feature holder in front of it to not prohibit the flow) to provide custom TRANSLATION FAILED messages, your workspace should have adequate error handling.

By using the terminator, you see the custom error message in your email, and you know where or what went wrong.