Solved

FME Server Job hold and resubmit 1 hour later

• 27 March 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +11

Right now I test if MTF (manged file transfer site) or UNC file location are going to pass, because what's the point of proceeding if network IT services are not available for file storage. If I terminate I'll have the find failed email and manually resend to FME Server.

Is this possible for FME Server to hold the job and resubmit in an hour instead of just terminating?

icon

Best answer by todd_davis 27 March 2018, 23:55

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +12

Hi,

There are a couple of options, such as using a decelerator but then the job will sit there running for a hour (using an engine), which is a huge waste.

The way I have approached something similar, was to create a a scheduled job using the FME Server rest api. So in other words, if the "check mft exists" fail, then use an httpcaller to set a schedule for an hour in advance that will use the same information (you may need to have a different branch that starts the process off...e.g assume you are firing this on a notification currently). Have a look at <your server>/fmerest/apidoc/v3/#!/schedules/schedule_post_1 for details.