Solved

Error when converting .osgb to .obj

• 16 October 2018
  • 2 replies

I'm using a trial-version FME Desktop on macOS 10.14.I try to convert files in .osgb type to .obj type. Actually, the files in .osgb can be successfully read by Acute3D Viewer. But when I run the Reader, FME shows that 'OSG reader: An unknown exception occurred'.(The log text is recorded in .)

I haven't used FME before, so I wonder if I chose some parameters wrongly. The workspace is generated as follow.

I'm looking forward to anyone who has a solution or just some ideas about this.

icon

Best answer by geosander 16 October 2018, 17:16

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hi @zsliu,

Could you please try reading just 1 single OSGB file? Simply start a new empty workspace (do not use the "Generate Workspace" option) and add an OSGB Reader yourself. Select a single file (not a whole folder) and start the translation. Do you get the same error again?

If you do, you should definitely submit a support case and attach one of the problematic OSGB files, so Safe support can have a look at it and hopefully fix this issue. This does sound like a bug.

Since you seem to be Chinese, I was just wondering: are there any named objects in your OSGB file that include Chinese characters? If you have the ability to edit the files, you could try and rename them using only ASCII characters, to test if FME can read them like that. Who knows, there might be an encoding issue or something...?

Good luck!

Hi @zsliu,

Could you please try reading just 1 single OSGB file? Simply start a new empty workspace (do not use the "Generate Workspace" option) and add an OSGB Reader yourself. Select a single file (not a whole folder) and start the translation. Do you get the same error again?

If you do, you should definitely submit a support case and attach one of the problematic OSGB files, so Safe support can have a look at it and hopefully fix this issue. This does sound like a bug.

Since you seem to be Chinese, I was just wondering: are there any named objects in your OSGB file that include Chinese characters? If you have the ability to edit the files, you could try and rename them using only ASCII characters, to test if FME can read them like that. Who knows, there might be an encoding issue or something...?

Good luck!

Thanks a lot. Actually I have tried only reading 1 single OSGB file, but it also shows the same error......(Chinese characters not included). I'll submit a support case later.