Question

HTML reader

Badge +10

Hello, there I am looking to extract data from a public web site,

I used the HTML Table reader, but I am not getting the expected value in the table

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

That table is being generated dynamically through Javascript, the HTML table reader isn't able to access the cell contents. If you want to get hold of the Excel files you could probably read them directly, just plug the url into an Excel reader. The url pattern looks fixed so that should be ok.

Badge +10

That table is being generated dynamically through Javascript, the HTML table reader isn't able to access the cell contents. If you want to get hold of the Excel files you could probably read them directly, just plug the url into an Excel reader. The url pattern looks fixed so that should be ok.

you are right

the only problem is we need to collect all those links manually , I was looking to extract all those links automatically, any sugestion ?
Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I'm afraid not, on closer inspection it looks like there's pretty big differences from year to year about how the data is offered. The file url's don't actually appear in the page source so scraping it isn't going to work either.