Solved

Aggregate attributes from other attributes

• 12 April 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge

Dear FME community.

I try to aggregates lines to columns with same ID like that :

In fact it's an intermediate result what I want, because in final result, I need to have this same aggregation with comparaison of different values (best value is A than B) :

This is a link with a data test :

Tank you for your help.

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 12 April 2019, 13:11

View original

5 replies

Badge +3

You could use the GroupBy function on the ID field and a Concatenate on the Value. The other option could be to use two Aggregators placed in serie. The first can group on both ID and Value and the second could just use ID.

Maybe you can use a TestFilter to define the best value, but I cannot Judge the comparison of the values.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

If you only want to keep the 'best' value you can assign a score to the value, sort by this score then use the duplicate filter or a sampler to keep only the ID with the 'best' score

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

What is the definition of the "best value"? In other words, why is "A" is the best in "A", "B" and "Unknow"?

Badge

What is the definition of the "best value"? In other words, why is "A" is the best in "A", "B" and "Unknow"?

Dear @takashi in this case it is : B best than A, C best than B etc... it's a particular case

Badge

If you only want to keep the 'best' value you can assign a score to the value, sort by this score then use the duplicate filter or a sampler to keep only the ID with the 'best' score

Great answer @egomm, thank you very much !