Question

DGN to FME Geometry Problem

• 12 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I've 3D model of building sample as you can see at the .jpg file.I worked in the .dgn file.But when i import .dgn file to FME data inspector i've more geometry about drawing.I think that FME is handing logs .dgn file geometry history cause i copied exactly same coordinate into building room drawing geometry. So, how can i resolve this problem? Can i resolve in FME Desktop with transformers?

(MS Drawing)

(Same .dgn file looks in FME)

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @candemiroguz,

Are you reading in DGB V8 data and is your data represented by 3D solids? At the moment it looks like FME 2019.0 is able to read DGNV8 3D meshes, with some limited ability on solids, with development underway. Check out this document here for a bit more information on it. If your data is in 3D solids, it looks like it's possible to convert to meshes to read it in. I would suggest trying a GeometryCoercer (and perhaps a Deaggregator first if necessary). Also, if you are working with 3D solids in DGN, I would suggest using FME 2019.0 if you aren't already. Download can be found here.

If your data is not a solid, can you confirm a few things for me?:

• Are all layers (if split by levels) turned on at once in the Display Control on the left panel? Perhaps you are looking at the overlap of all levels at once?
  • If data is 3D, are you set on the 2D viewer? Try setting the View > 3D and see if it looks any different
Badge

Hi @candemiroguz,

Are you reading in DGB V8 data and is your data represented by 3D solids? At the moment it looks like FME 2019.0 is able to read DGNV8 3D meshes, with some limited ability on solids, with development underway. Check out this document here for a bit more information on it. If your data is in 3D solids, it looks like it's possible to convert to meshes to read it in. I would suggest trying a GeometryCoercer (and perhaps a Deaggregator first if necessary). Also, if you are working with 3D solids in DGN, I would suggest using FME 2019.0 if you aren't already. Download can be found here.

If your data is not a solid, can you confirm a few things for me?:

• Are all layers (if split by levels) turned on at once in the Display Control on the left panel? Perhaps you are looking at the overlap of all levels at once?
  • If data is 3D, are you set on the 2D viewer? Try setting the View > 3D and see if it looks any different

Hi @jovitaatsafe,

My data is absolutely 3D, when i fit view in microstation it looks as ms.jpg.(ms .jpg looking from top view so it looks as 2D data but in reality its 3D.)Behind, when i import in FME Data Inspector i see more geometry on it.I'm using 2018 FME maybe 2019 could fix the problem.Thanks your considering.