Question

How to draw extern contour of dwg plan

Badge

Hello,i would like to calculate the surface of a dwg plan. My first approach was to make a bounding box and calculate the area but it's not precise enough.

I was wondering how i could do something like that :

The blue line is at 4 meters of the feature ....

I hope you see what I mean , and hope that you could help me.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Steph.

7 replies

Badge +10

You could buffer the feature by 4m and then calculate the area of the polygon created

Badge

You could buffer the feature by 4m and then calculate the area of the polygon created

I thought to that possibility but the thing is my drawing is made of thousands lines and I want that the most outside lines define the "polygon area"...

as you see in my drawing (sorry I'm not autocad drawer) the black lines are my features and I want to get a polygon just as the area inside de red lines
Badge +10

I thought to that possibility but the thing is my drawing is made of thousands lines and I want that the most outside lines define the "polygon area"...

as you see in my drawing (sorry I'm not autocad drawer) the black lines are my features and I want to get a polygon just as the area inside de red lines

Ok, if your data is like that then a hull accumulator might be a better possibility. You could still use the bufferer but you would need to dissolve afterwards. Or you could aggregate then buffer.

Badge

Ok, if your data is like that then a hull accumulator might be a better possibility. You could still use the bufferer but you would need to dissolve afterwards. Or you could aggregate then buffer.

Thanks for this info.

I didn't know this transformer.

It's a bit more what I want to achieve....

If i could reach the red line area, it would be perfect !
Badge +10

Thanks for this info.

I didn't know this transformer.

It's a bit more what I want to achieve....

If i could reach the red line area, it would be perfect !

Did you try the aggregator followed by a bufferer?

Badge +16

Hi @stephanemarly,

It think the buffer approach might work if you aggregate your features into one feature using the aggregator transformer and then buffer it and calculate the area.

Hopes this helps,

Itay

Badge +9

If you first aggregate your features with the Aggregator and then use the HullAccumulator transformer you might end up with a result that is useful for this purpose.