Question

Where can I find the records that were dropped because they snapped into a single point in snapper

• 23 January 2018
  • 6 replies

I have been running a script that uses snapper and get the following line in the log:

2018-01-23 08:08:01| 42.7| 0.0|WARN |Snapper(SnappingFactory): Processed 83703 feature(s). 10930 were snapped, 72770 were untouched, and 3 were dropped because they snapped into a single point

I have tried to find where FME lists the 3 dropped records, but have been unable to. Snapper only has Snapped and Untouched as output so I can't just add an inspector to it.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

If you really want to see them you could use a ChangeDetector to compare the data before and after the Snapper.

Thank You. I was hoping for a log file that I couldn't find, but this will work.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

It would make a great idea to add an output port for the "Dropped features".

I would vote for that.

Badge +22

If you really want to see them you could use a ChangeDetector to compare the data before and after the Snapper.

Agreed, but it would have to be on a key attribute only, because there will be a lot of geometric changes due to the snapping.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @linasvebeliunas, the Snapper in our FME 2018 betas has a Collapsed port. See the documentation for more information. 

If a line or area feature snaps down to a single location, it will be output as a Point geometry, through the Collapsed port.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Hi @linasvebeliunas, the Snapper in our FME 2018 betas has a Collapsed port. See the documentation for more information. 

If a line or area feature snaps down to a single location, it will be output as a Point geometry, through the Collapsed port.

And again Safe is one (beta) step ahead of us.