Solved

FME Workbench, retain all geographic features after Join?

• 14 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello, I have a workbench I'm having a difficult time with. As you can see in the image below, I have a shapefile being joined with a table from another database. I have confirmed with data inspector that before the join it has 524 Features, but after the join, even when I do a full join (the one pictured is an inner join). it only returns around half of the geographic features. I was wondering if anyone had any tips, or if I'm missing a Transformer I should be using?

icon

Best answer by erik_jan 14 October 2019, 16:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

A full join implicates that for each geometry you have an attribute record. From the picture it looks like that is not the case. So, you will need to use the left join (with the geometry being the left feature) to keep all geometry features that have no matching attribute feature.

Hope this helps.

Badge

A full join implicates that for each geometry you have an attribute record. From the picture it looks like that is not the case. So, you will need to use the left join (with the geometry being the left feature) to keep all geometry features that have no matching attribute feature.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! This helped also something so simple that I didn't see, just adding the unjoined records through the geometry filter, duh!