Solved

Excel: read schema via user parameter

• 17 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge

I need to read an Excel spreadsheet. I use user defined parameters to set a filename and a sheet name.

This is a simplified workflow:

This is a parameter I use:

and this is schema settings for FeatureReader

It gives me the following error:

Here is my test example

icon

Best answer by takashi 17 September 2019, 05:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @victorddt, it doesn't seem that the FeatureReader treats the feature type name "INPUT" well. I would recommend you to contact Safe support to clarify what happened FME internal.

Badge +16

Hi @victorddt,

Strange just trying to read the xls with a reader results in an error, possibly there is something wrong with the file you have provided. (using FME 2019.1.0.0)

Badge

Hi @victorddt,

Strange just trying to read the xls with a reader results in an error, possibly there is something wrong with the file you have provided. (using FME 2019.1.0.0)

Hi @itay. I use the same FME version. Have you tried my test file? It's attached below.

Badge +16

Hi @itay. I use the same FME version. Have you tried my test file? It's attached below.

Hi @victorddt, Yes that's the one I have used to try the workspace and a completely new workspace just trying to read the xls file.

Saving the file with INPUT2 seems to solve the problem, So I guess @takashi had it right the all time :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @victorddt, it doesn't seem that the FeatureReader treats the feature type name "INPUT" well. I would recommend you to contact Safe support to clarify what happened FME internal.

Hi @victorddt Yes, INPUT isn't a valid sheet name. I've filed FMEENGINE-61539 about this.

Badge

@danatsafe Thank you for registering the ticket. I have tried to change the sheet name from "INPUT" to "MYDATA" and update the parameter and Excel accordingly.

Same result - I can see only "no schema" list.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@danatsafe Thank you for registering the ticket. I have tried to change the sheet name from "INPUT" to "MYDATA" and update the parameter and Excel accordingly.

Same result - I can see only "no schema" list.

Hi @victorddt MYDATA works for me. I think you just need to set the Features To Read on the FeatureReader.