Question

Why doesn't FME Desktop write all the selected parameters to a CSV file?

• 22 April 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a workspace in which I have selected a CSV file writer to contain the results. The user parameters selected to be written appear in the CSV file. On the other hand, the format attribute (fme_text_string) I have selected does not appear in the CSV. All the results appear in the data inspector, and for a workaround I am forced to select the data in the table and save it to a file from there.

What am I doing wrong?

3 replies

Badge +9

Hi @michaellampi you need to to extract the information from the format attribute fme_text_string and insert it into a user attribute. Use the attribute manager or creator to create a new user attribute called Text_String for example and use the format attribute fme_text_string to populate this. Once you add the new attribute Text_String into you writer you will now find it in your csv output

Badge +16

Try exposing the fme_text_string attribute in the reader or via an AttributeExposer transformer.

Badge

Hi @michaellampi you need to to extract the information from the format attribute fme_text_string and insert it into a user attribute. Use the attribute manager or creator to create a new user attribute called Text_String for example and use the format attribute fme_text_string to populate this. Once you add the new attribute Text_String into you writer you will now find it in your csv output

Thank you! It is taking me a while to wrap my head around the UI as well as the terminology, but your detailed answer really helped to clear up my confusion.