Question

How to place a text string on a PDF object using PDFPageFormatter and/or PDFStyler

• 24 November 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge
Hello, I am trying to understand the relationship between the PDFPageFormatter and the PDFStyler. From the output of three "AttributeValueMapper" transformers, I have three text values that I would like to place on a PDF. I have verified their existence in the Inspector viewer. All three values are ready to place, yet I cannot seem to get them to render in the resulting PDF. I am using a standard Arial font, size = 16pt. The PDFPageFormatter has three named objects in the display, let's call them TEXT1, TEXT2 and TEXT3. I was under the impression that as long as you have named objects, the AttributeValueMapper would place the text strings in those locations, based upon the "Destination Attribute"? What am I missing?

FME Workbench: 2015.0 (Build 15253 - WIN64)

1 reply

Badge
I finally found a solution for this. I put in a TextAddr at the output port of my AttributeValueMapper, then fed the output of the TextAddr in to the PDFPageFormatter, The attribute column name "followed" through to the named areas in the PDFPageFormatter.