Question

The Things Network integration - airquality sensor data

• 26 March 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

There are some air-quality sensor in the area I work. These are connected with the LORA-network and The Things Network (TTN).

Data can be accessed by the MQTT-protocol. However I have no experience with this.

I found the MQTTReceiver (which uses an old Python version) and MQTTConnector.

I tried both Transformers with the settings I received; like this:

Unfortunately it is not working. The error I get

Anyone experience with this?

Thanks!

Stefan

6 replies

Badge

Hi @stefanh,

The MQQTReceiver on the FME Hub is not supported by Safe. The official tool to use is the MQTTConnector which is developed and maintained but us (see the publisher Safe Official).

Can you please share what error message you see in the MQTTConnector?

Thanks

Badge +2

Hi @stefanh,

The MQQTReceiver on the FME Hub is not supported by Safe. The official tool to use is the MQTTConnector which is developed and maintained but us (see the publisher Safe Official).

Thanks

Thanks!

I get a rejection. The message is:

I created a web connection like this; but I don't see an option to test it.

As mentioned earlier I have no experience with MQTT, so I do not know what the put in every parameter in the MQTT parameters. I have the following

Badge

Thanks!

I get a rejection. The message is: 0684Q00000ArM6AQAV.png

I created a web connection like this; but I don't see an option to test it.

0684Q00000ArMCwQAN.png

As mentioned earlier I have no experience with MQTT, so I do not know what the put in every parameter in the MQTT parameters. I have the following

0684Q00000ArMGTQA3.png

According to this https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/applications/mqtt/api.html your Web Connection seems to be ok as long as the username & password matches the Application ID & Access key.

Can you confirm that the device you are trying to send messages to is activated yet?

According to the API doc, you can subscribe (Action = Receive in the MQTTConnector) to this topic to receive activation messages:

"+/devices/+/events/activations"

link to doc: https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/docs/applications/mqtt/quick-start.html#receive-activations

Here's how I would set up the MQTTConnector to do that:

0684Q00000ArN1EQAV.png

When you are sure that your device is activated you should be able to send/receive messages to it.

Let me know how this goes!

Badge +2

Hi @stefanh,

Thanks

Thanks again for your reply! I tried these settings, but still no success.

The error I get is:

In the rejection inspection it says:

"Timed out connecting to the broker"

Badge +2

Hi @stefanh,

Thanks

I solved the issue; the tcp-port was not open.

When the port was opened I got it working with your solution.

Thanks

Badge

I solved the issue; the tcp-port was not open.

When the port was opened I got it working with your solution.

Thanks

Thanks for the update! This is great news!