Question

Fill a list with attributes from another list

Badge

In an excel file, I have 6 checkboxes. In my process, all the value are put in a single list called Method_ID.

I have to manage each half in two different way. So I have to put 3 in a second list, and the other 3 in a third list. Because the following process needs a list for the input.

If I use a ListBuilder to make the second list, I can't make the third in another ListBuilder as you can see :

Do I have to use the ListBuilders in parallele? The problem is that I'll have to manage the amount of object later.

Thanks for your help.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @slerendu, the following process requires all of those three lists (6 elements, first 3 elements and last 3 elements)? If the current single list (6 elements) will not be used, consider creating 2 lists from the original Excel row features, without creating 6 elements list.

Badge

Hi @slerendu, the following process requires all of those three lists (6 elements, first 3 elements and last 3 elements)? If the current single list (6 elements) will not be used, consider creating 2 lists from the original Excel row features, without creating 6 elements list.

Hi Takashi, yes I need the 6.

The problem is that I'm not allowed to change the original extraction.

So you think that make two lists from one list can be done?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

OK. The ListSampler from the FME Hub may be a quick way.

• List Attribute: EXP_DEV_METHOD_ID{}
  • Sampling Type: First N Elements
  • Sampling Amount: 3

With the above setting, the transformer creates two lists (sampled and not sampled) and also preserves the original list.

Badge

OK. The ListSampler from the FME Hub may be a quick way.

• List Attribute: EXP_DEV_METHOD_ID{}
  • Sampling Type: First N Elements
  • Sampling Amount: 3

With the above setting, the transformer creates two lists (sampled and not sampled) and also preserves the original list.

Perfect. Thanks a lot.