Question

FME Cloud password reset link can't connect to core

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

I'm running an FME Cloud with the Forgot Password option switched on. When a user uses that they get an email with a link to reset the password but when clicking that link they get a page saying

"Could not connect to FME Core.

Please ensure that it is running."

And yes, it is in fact running just fine. Anybody else get this too? Did I maybe misconfigure it? The SMTP settings are good because the emails are being sent. The Public URL is set to https://[servername]-red-geographics.fmecloud.com/fmeserver

4 replies

Badge
@redgeographics

I haven't seen this error before and I was not able to reproduce it yet. Which kind of SMTP server are you using?

How did you recover from this?

I assume you are using build 18284. Can you try to reproduce in a the current official release version?
Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Yes, it's build 18284, I'll see if I can update it

As far as I know the SMTP server is nothing special, just to clarify: the emails with the link are arriving just fine, it's when the user tries to go to that link.

I was hoping to be able to use this when adding users to my FME Cloud: generate a random password to set up the account, then tell them to use the password reset option to change it (avoiding sending them the password in plaintext)

Badge

Yes, it's build 18284, I'll see if I can update it

As far as I know the SMTP server is nothing special, just to clarify: the emails with the link are arriving just fine, it's when the user tries to go to that link.

I was hoping to be able to use this when adding users to my FME Cloud: generate a random password to set up the account, then tell them to use the password reset option to change it (avoiding sending them the password in plaintext)

This is a great used case for this feature. We will keep investigating, and although I am not able to reproduce this with b18284 I want to mention that b18284 is not an official release build and therefore not recommended for production.
Badge

We have identified the underlying issue of this problem. This has been fixed for FME Server 2019 b19175 and later and will be fixed for the next FME Server 2018 release.