Question

How can you upload a GEOTIFF to a SQL Server Spatial, and add a new GEOTIFF to the same SQL Server Spatial layer every time you run the model?

• 14 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge

Dear FME members,

For a WebApp Viewer, I'm having the following question:

How can you upload a GEOTIFF to a SQL Server Spatial, and add a new GEOTIFF to the same SQL Server Spatial file every time you run the model?

Current situation:

In my model (see attached file), it is possible to upload a GEOTIFF to a SQL Server Spatial file, but only once. After running the model, the GeoTIFF becomes visible in the WebApp Viewer.

Next step: adding another GEOTIFF to the same SQL Server Spatial file (raster or mosaic, what works best).

Now, when I select another GEOTIFF in the reader and rerun the model, there is an error saying

"layer already exists."

So in the ideal situation, I select another GEOTIFF, which is added to the existing SQL Server Spatial file. Now, we tried raster and mosaic. So in the end, I would like to have one SQL Server Spatial file, with all the GEOTIFF files. If there will be a new file in the future, I would like to simply add it in the same file, without adapting or removing the previous GEOTIFFS that are included in the file.

Right now, the raster writer works, but the mosaic raster doesn't.

The writer settings are given below:

Software

My FME version is 2018.0, ArcGIS version 10.3.