Question

FMEServerNotifierParameters

• 30 December 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I set up email notifications within an FME Workspace using the following set of transformers:

1. TimeStamper
  2. AttributeCreator
  3. JSONTemplator
  4. FMEServerNotifier

I then published this workspace to FMEServer.

Then within the FMEServer Interface I also subscribed to the same topic as in the FMEServerNotifier transformer but using a different email template.

When I ran the Workspace, the email that was sent to me for the notification was the one set-up in the the transformers within the Workspace, rather than the email that was set-up as a Subscription in FMEServer.

Can someone please describe the difference between the two methods of sending notification emails, and when one is used in priority over another when they are both set up?

Thanks,

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

I can't find it in the documentation, but I would guess that whatever is sent through the topic overrides whatever is defined in the subscriber.

What happens if you go to the topic and click the Test Topic button? In that case I would expect you to get the version defined in the subscription, because it hasn't been sent any content from a workspace.

Also try running the workspace but don't include any topic content (or just enter a single space character). That would be a test to see if you can ignore incoming content and just use the predefined value.

But ultimately it comes down to what you want to get out of this. Why set up different templates in different places for the same subscription? If you can be clearer about what you are trying to achieve we might be able to suggest something more useful.

Regards

Mark

Badge +1

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. The reason I had two templates set up in different places was that I was trying to understand exactly what each one does. But for the purposes of the task I would only need to set up the FMEServerNotifier method inside the Workspace.

I tried your suggestion of leaving the Topic Content as just a single space and yes you are correct, the predefined email set inside the Subscription to that Topic came through instead of the one specific to that notifier.

So in summary my understanding is that I would create Topic Content specific to my workspace using the JSONTemplator/FMEServerNotifier method if I want my email notification to be specific to the workspace. But if I just want a generic email sent out without specific Topic Content, I can use the Subscription method.

Thanks,