Solved

Does the FME desktop setting control the logging in FME Server?

• 12 October 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi! I am using FME Desktop 2016.1 to publish workspaces to FME Server. I found that after I change the log settings in Tools menu-->Translation (for example, change to only log errors) and republish the workspace to FME Server, the log obtained by running it from FME Server will be different.

It seems a little bit odd to me, and I wasn't able to find help file about this after trying, so I just want to make sure I understand correctly the way it works: will the FME Desktop publish its desktop settings to FME server? or it is my misunderstanding?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by dustin 12 October 2017, 01:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

Log files created by FME Server jobs are written to the location that was specified upon the install of FME Server. The location specified in the workbench is ignored.

Badge

Log files created by FME Server jobs are written to the location that was specified upon the install of FME Server. The location specified in the workbench is ignored.

What about the Log Message Filter? such as the checkbox to control whether to log warnings or just log errors?

Userlevel 3
Badge +26
What about the Log Message Filter? such as the checkbox to control whether to log warnings or just log errors?

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/20893/turning-off-the-info-logging-on-fme-server.html

According to this, you should be able to save the FMW, republish, and the settings should transfer to Server. Maybe this has changed since 2015?

Badge
https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/20893/turning-off-the-info-logging-on-fme-server.html

According to this, you should be able to save the FMW, republish, and the settings should transfer to Server. Maybe this has changed since 2015?

In FME2016.1, the save button will still be grey after I change the log setting. I don't have experience in FME2015, maybe it was changed.