Solved

change the notification to already published workspace

Badge

I have few handful of workspaces (consuming job submit and data download services) that are initially setup without any email notification. Is there a way to modify the published workspace in FMW server to setup with email notification upon job submit fail and donwload fail?

When you publish a new service and setup email notifications while assigning the services, it works!! But i want to change the settings for existing workspaces.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by rylanatsafe 7 March 2018, 23:56

View original

5 replies

Badge

I am using FME 2015 serve & workbench
Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi, @udayburrey – this is a great question and thank you for posting it! If you are referring to changing the Post to Topic(s) upon Success/Failure, there is currently no workaround available save for republishing the workspace. I can definitely understand the inconvenience here!

This would be great to track as an idea in our Knowledge Center – safe.com/ideas – if you would be willing to create one. (I performed a quick search and didn't find anything that matched this request.)
Hi @udayburrey,

Builtding on this - If you're worried about jobs failing you could try turning off the engine services. This means that any submitted jobs should just go into the queue. How often are thuse workspaces being used? is there a quiet time you could do it?

Badge +11

Hi, @udayburrey – this is a great question and thank you for posting it! If you are referring to changing the Post to Topic(s) upon Success/Failure, there is currently no workaround available save for republishing the workspace. I can definitely understand the inconvenience here!

This would be great to track as an idea in our Knowledge Center – safe.com/ideas – if you would be willing to create one. (I performed a quick search and didn't find anything that matched this request.)
Badge

Thank you @RylanAtSafe

I will plan on republishing the workspace. I will also create idea in the Knowledge center

Thank you @MattAtSafe

The workspaces are pretty much busy in the daytime. I will plan on doing it after business hours. The idea of stopping the engine service sounds great!

Badge

There is a way to set a workspace property using the original REST API:

http://fmeserver/fmerest/repositories/<repository>/<workspace>/properties.json?token=<token>&category;=fmejobsubmitter_FMEUSERPROPDATA&name;=FAILURE_TOPICS&value;=<topic>

You'll have to use either fmejobsubmitter_FMEUSERPROPDATA or fmedatadownload_FMEUSERPROPDATA depending on the service you workspace is registered to.

You can look at this question for more details.