</Segment>
        <Segment>
            <LineGeometry srid="4326">x_1,y_1;x_2,y_2;...</LineGeometry>
            <SegmentProperties>
    </SegmentProperties>
        </Segment>
   </Segments>
</Line>

where each Segment should eventually create an object in Smallworld. The number of segments can be arbitrarily large (the number of SegmentProperties is fixed per segment).

As I need to not only process the LineGeometry, but also the SegmentProperties, I was wondering what the best design for this case is. An idea I had was the following:

• Write the transformation for one element, declare that a custom transformer and iterate over all elements via a loop

Or is there a better way? I have never yet tried to implement something like that, so I wonder if that's the right way. Could PythonCaller be a better idea?

And is there a way to tell StringReplacer to iterate over all elements? If I want to manipulate all LineGeometry-strings, I need to select elements from 0 to X. Can I insert "ALL" somehow?

2 replies

Badge +16

You can explode all the list elements and aggregate them accordingly before inserting them into the GML.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Unclear what the goal is, but probably the XMLFragmenter or the XMLFlattener could be a good solution.