Question

control measurement interpretation in FME

• 15 April 2016
  • 2 replies

@david_r

This is really a follow-up to this question I asked some time ago.

I have been experimenting with this solution - https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/4572/geomedi... - to migrate LRS route data from Geomedia's LRS model into ArcGIS. Unfortunately, I am seeing some small (but big enough) offset in the resulting calibration to give me pause. When I do the same workflow in a more manual manner using ArcGIS tools, I am satisfied with the result but the workflow for the end-user is way less elegant than it would be in FME.

My gut tells me that there is some kind of a length interpretation difference based on true geodetic measurement vs measurement based on some projection. Can anyone chime in on a way in FME to control what in Geomedia parlance is called "Measurement interpretation"? The options within Geomedia are for measurement interpretation are "True (spheroidal)" and "Projected (planar)."

Many Thanks,

Adam

2 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi

Could you give some specific examples of the offsets/differences you're observing?

David

Badge +2

@adam, I just ran into your post relating to LRS. If you could post some sample Geomedia Route data, I will see what I can do to get it translated into Esri.