Question

reading .grb2 raster from workspace runner

Badge

i am having trouble "reading" the grb2 files from the workspace runner. i can run the FME script that reads and processes the grb2 files with no issue, but when i try to call that FME script from the workspace runner FME script, nothing happens. any assistance would be helpful!

i can zip up and provide the workspaces and underlying data if needed.

thank you

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +17
Hi @dlindner01

Would you be able to provide the workspace and a sample of the data. A log file for the second workspace (the one that processes the grb2 files) would also be useful.
Userlevel 4
Badge +30
Hi @dlindner01

I agree with @DebbiAtSafe. In this case is better to check the Workspace and sample data.

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

rainfalltool.zip Thank you @DebbiAtSafe. attached is the data, workspaces, and log files.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

rainfalltool.zip Thank you @DebbiAtSafe. attached is the data, workspaces, and log files.

Hi @dlindner01

Is there any particular reason you are using WorkspaceRunners to chain workspaces together? If not, you can use a number of FeatureReaders to read the output of transformers (please note there is also a corresponding FeatureWriter).

If you want to perform a point on area overlayer for each input raster, there are several methods to do so. In your case, since you have already read in all of the input rasters, you can clone your points by the number of input rasters and use the Group By parameter of the PointOnAreaOverlayer. Attached is a workspace demonstrating the FeatureReader and Group By approach.

You can also read more about Group By processing here and here.

consolidatedworkspace.fmw

Badge

Thank you @DebbiAtSafe. While i have been using FME for a couple years, i am still learning new ways to get complex processes to work, and in an efficient manner. thank you for the workspace and explanations!!