Question

Attribute Creator Issue - Setting Attribute Name to Attribute Value in 2016

• 16 August 2016
  • 3 replies

Badge +10

I'm trying to create a new attribute with it's name based on an attribute value. Within 2016 this does not appear to work correctly and the attribute is not created correctly.

Output using a 2015 attributecreator is fine, 2016 produces some unexpected results, is there something I'm missing that now needs to be done in 2016? Or is this a bug?

Sample workbench attached

3 replies

Badge +9

Looks like a bug to me @egomm , doesn't look like the attributemanager caters for this either

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Unfortunately, there is an Inspector bug in FME Desktop 2016.1, where attributes are not properly displayed in Data Inspector. This occurs when an Inspector is used to view new attributes created from the value of existing attributes. The Inspector issue has been fixed in FME 2017.

Workaround

1) Add a Logger and inspect the attributes in the log.

2) Run with Full Inspection and either double click on the feature count after the transformer, or right-click on the feature count and select Inspect features, to view the attributes in Data Inspector.

Documentation on Run With Full Inspection.

Badge

Unfortunately, there is an Inspector bug in FME Desktop 2016.1, where attributes are not properly displayed in Data Inspector. This occurs when an Inspector is used to view new attributes created from the value of existing attributes. The Inspector issue has been fixed in FME 2017.

Workaround

1) Add a Logger and inspect the attributes in the log.

2) Run with Full Inspection and either double click on the feature count after the transformer, or right-click on the feature count and select Inspect features, to view the attributes in Data Inspector.

Documentation on Run With Full Inspection.

Why not add this fix to the next 2016 point release, if there will be any