Question

Unable to convert value taken from Z_ORIGIN keyword to a float data type.

• 11 September 2015
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Im trying to write a polygon from one polygon to another using FMEs GEODATABASE_SDE writer against a SDE database in SQL Server. Unfortunately Im totally stuck. Everytime i try writing something I get an error saying

Unable to convert value taken from Z_ORIGIN keyword to a float data type.

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

This makes totally no sense as I very carefully have removed all posibility traces of anything 3D using both the 2DForcer and in the writers format parameters have anwsered no to if there is any Z values.

Have anyone the slightest idea whats happening ???

3 replies

I forogot to mention that I use FME Desktop 2015.1.0.2 32-bit, ArcGIS 10.3.0 and SQL Server 2008 r2. All on the windows plattform...
Userlevel 4
Hi

Whenever I get weird errors like this, the first thing I try is to install the very latest version of FME. It has happened many times that the error was due to a bug that's already been fixed.

http://www.safe.com/support/support-resources/fme-downloads/

Is this an option for you? I mention this in particular because the early versions of FME 2015.1.x had some non-obvious bugs.

David
Badge +1

I had this error come up in FME 2018. I eventually rebuilt the writer and the error went away. This was a point feature class with attachments enabled.