Solved

How to install external python packages?

• 9 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi everyone, the following screenshot is my custom Python Interpreter:

This command is what I used to use to install external packages for Python 2.7: python -m pip install <package_name> --target C:\\Users\\tngo\\Documents\\FME\\Plugins\\Python

But it doesn't seem to work anymore. I also get this error when running PythonCaller: The User-specified library C:\\Users\\tngo\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python37-32\\python37.dll could not be loaded

Thanks for helping in advance.

icon

Best answer by debbiatsafe 11 September 2019, 00:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4

My preferred method is to download and install a fully separate Python interpreter (e.g. from www.python.org) and point FME to it using the PYTHONHOME setting.

You can then use your preferred package manager to install whatever module you need, e.g. pip or conda.

Badge

My preferred method is to download and install a fully separate Python interpreter (e.g. from www.python.org) and point FME to it using the PYTHONHOME setting.

You can then use your preferred package manager to install whatever module you need, e.g. pip or conda.

Hi David,

I did install python 3.7 from python.org. Python\\Python37-32 is my python directory.

For Python Home, is that what I should have? Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +17

Hi @trungn1993

What build and bit-version of FME are you using? You can find this information under Help > About Workbench in Workbench. Support for Python 3.7 was added in FME 2019.0. Please confirm you are using FME 2019+.

In addition, what bit-version of Python have you installed? From your screenshots, it appears as though you have installed a 32-bit Python interpreter. The bit-version of FME and Python must match.

Userlevel 4

Hi David,

I did install python 3.7 from python.org. Python\\Python37-32 is my python directory.

For Python Home, is that what I should have? Thanks.

Try setting C:\\Python37 (or whatever the root installation directory is) as PYTHONHOME.

Also make sure to double check both questions from @debbiatsafe, they're really important.

Badge

Hi @trungn1993

What build and bit-version of FME are you using? You can find this information under Help > About Workbench in Workbench. Support for Python 3.7 was added in FME 2019.0. Please confirm you are using FME 2019+.

In addition, what bit-version of Python have you installed? From your screenshots, it appears as though you have installed a 32-bit Python interpreter. The bit-version of FME and Python must match.

Thx Debbi, 32-bit was the problem!