Question

Grouping 2 or more attributes

Hi, I'm using a G-NAF data and I'm trying to group of address by another attribute. When I send this to an inspector I only get one record for the 1486000 available addresses. How can I group by attribute (I want to group by Suburb and MB_Category)? Appreciate any help?

6 replies

Badge +22
How are you grouping the addresses (which transformer(s)) to get the one record?

How are you grouping the addresses (which transformer(s)) to get the one record?

I am using aggregator on the Suburb and I end with one record.
Badge +22

I am using aggregator on the Suburb and I end with one record.
An Aggregator with a group-by on both the Suburb and MB_Category should work, but without any sample data it's hard to troubleshoot.

An Aggregator with a group-by on both the Suburb and MB_Category should work, but without any sample data it's hard to troubleshoot.

I have 1486000 G-NAF address (MapInfo Table) where the MB_Category defines the zone for each address. I would like to group the particular MB_Categories within each Suburb. When I use Aggregator and viewed it in Inspector I only got one record and that was the whole state. The G-NAF is points data, not sure if this is a problem.

Badge +16

Hi,

Not really familiar with this data type, but if it's non spatial then setting the aggregator's mode to attributes only is advisable.

More information on group by and the aggregator can be found here.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4

I agree with @jdh above, try grouping by both Suburb and MB_Category in the Aggregator. The dataset containing points shouldn't have any bearing on it. But a sample dataset would be helpful for debugging, if these suggestions don't give you the intended results.