Solved

How does the AttributeValidator transformer process unique feature? Specifically, cloned attribute values.

Badge +3

Is there a way to reject or fail all features containing same value? Right now I would ideally like a way to route all features containing same value to failed port. Currently, for example, if I clone 1 record 3-time, two features fail and one feature pass. How do I route all features that have non-unique values to failed port?

icon

Best answer by alexlynch3450 7 May 2020, 20:19

View original

5 replies

Badge +10

I'm not sure it's possible with the attribute validator, but you can use a matcher to find features that all share the same values.

Badge +2

I think I see what you're doing.

To generate some arbitrary data I used a creator with 5 duplicate values and a 2nd with 1 unique value.

Using the statistics calculator and group by function you can get a count of records. Anything with 2+ records is a duplicate and would be sent though the <Unfiltered> (failed port) of the attribute filter. The 1 value on the attribute filter would be all unique values.

Badge +3

@jlbaker2779 @ebygomm : I was able to route features using uuidgenerator-->matcher-->attributecreator-->aggregator-->listRenamer/Remover-->attributeValidator-->listElementCounter-->Tester

csv22xlsxw.fmwt

Badge +3

I think I see what you're doing.

To generate some arbitrary data I used a creator with 5 duplicate values and a 2nd with 1 unique value.

Using the statistics calculator and group by function you can get a count of records. Anything with 2+ records is a duplicate and would be sent though the <Unfiltered> (failed port) of the attribute filter. The 1 value on the attribute filter would be all unique values.

Think I figured it out.

Feel free to advise on workflow tweaks if bug or discrepancies are found.

Badge +3

I'm not sure it's possible with the attribute validator, but you can use a matcher to find features that all share the same values.

Think I figured it out.

Feel free to advise on workflow tweaks if bug or discrepancies are found.