Solved

Can I detect un-/connected input ports of a transformer ?

• 4 December 2017
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +3

Hello FME-Community,

I'm trying to find a workaround for the non-existing feature type TransformerInputPorts at the FME Workspace Reader.

I would like to know whether it is possible to detect which input ports of a transformer are connected with other FME transformers within my workspace.

The FME Workspace reader has among others feature types TransformerOutputPorts, Transformers and Connections.

I tried to combine the information from these feature types, but without the desired results

How can I detect which input ports are (un-)connected for a specific transformer in my workspace ?

icon

Best answer by fmelizard 6 December 2017, 23:10

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @verdoodtdries,

I took a look into this and I see what you mean. I took a look at the workspace file (in a text editor) and the input ports don't seem to be included. The connections themselves indicate their destination port which I think is the best option here.

You would have to actually load up transformer definitions ("<FMEInstallDirectory> ransformersmesuite.fmx") in order to determine what the input ports are, and then try to match those with the connections in the workspace. Not entirely out of the realm of possibility but certainly quite a bit of work.

I've attached a list of transformers and their input port names (extracted from the reference file) - It may help you achieve what your after. I'n not sure if all transformers are included, I'm also not sure if the port names match what is written in the connection but it might be a place to start

ports.csv

Badge +3

Hi @verdoodtdries,

I took a look into this and I see what you mean. I took a look at the workspace file (in a text editor) and the input ports don't seem to be included. The connections themselves indicate their destination port which I think is the best option here.

You would have to actually load up transformer definitions ("<FMEInstallDirectory> ransformersmesuite.fmx") in order to determine what the input ports are, and then try to match those with the connections in the workspace. Not entirely out of the realm of possibility but certainly quite a bit of work.

I've attached a list of transformers and their input port names (extracted from the reference file) - It may help you achieve what your after. I'n not sure if all transformers are included, I'm also not sure if the port names match what is written in the connection but it might be a place to start

ports.csv

Hi MattAtSafe,

The list transformers and their input port names was the missing piece puzzle piece to build a proper workspace that is capable to detect unconnected input ports.

FME-users with similar needs can find my workspace below.

test.fmw

detect-input-ports.fmw