Question

Updating File Geodatabase

• 21 April 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge
I have a workspace that reads from a File Geodatabase (FGDB), cleans up some attribution and then writes the updates back to the FGDB.  The problem is that I am getting ArcObject errors for some of the features.  All the features are lines.  One of the errors says that "Closed polylines are not allowed" and the other says that "The connected feature does not exist".  I am stumped by this as it is reading and writing to the same data set.  In looking at the feature(s) in an inspector the closed attribute says no.  For the other error... well how could it read something that doesn't exist.  I have successfully updated single and multiple records in this FGDB.  In comparing a feature that updated and a feature that did not update in the inspector I can see no difference.  This FGDB is a copy of a data set from our LGIM and does contain a network.  Any suggestions on how to handle this is much appreciated.

2 replies

Badge
Okay. Did a bit of digging and concluded that these errors are generating from the geometric network.  It appears that some of the lines in another feature class that these lines touch are closed polylines and are not connected to the geometric network.  Any suggestions?
Userlevel 4
Hi,

have you tried the TopologyBuilder?

David