Solved

AGOL Writer changes coordinate system

I have some geometric data and I set its coordinate system to *XY-FT* and I verified it was correctly changed using the data inspector. I am writing this data on the ArcGis Online Plateform and I set the coordinate system to *XY-FT* again in the transformer parameters. When I view the written data, the coordinate system is not the one I chose but the SPHERICAL_MERCATOR.

How can I solve this problem?

icon

Best answer by bruceharold 1 July 2019, 20:59

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hi. *My guess is *XY-FT* is "FME only" and does not have its parallel representation in the Esri world.

If You try CoordinateSystemDescriptionConverter you will have a hard time to get a representation which can be used in ArcGIS. Solution can be:

• to find the EPSG code of the system you are actually using and use it in FME
  • define a custom coordinate system in ArcGIS. Export the definition and use it in FME (as a custom coordinate system). Or the other way around
Badge +16

Hi. FME does not (yet) support the creation of an AGOL feature service in any coordinate system other than Web Mercator, although if you create the feature service with an Esri client (like ArcGIS Pro) in any coordinate system then FME can write to it, optionally with truncation. It is an enhancement request to support service creation with an EPSG number parameter to set the coordinate system but I don't know when that will ship. @carsonlam ?

i.e. if your coordinate system has an EPSG code your future is bright, if not, maybe not so bright ;-)

Badge +6

Hi. FME does not (yet) support the creation of an AGOL feature service in any coordinate system other than Web Mercator, although if you create the feature service with an Esri client (like ArcGIS Pro) in any coordinate system then FME can write to it, optionally with truncation. It is an enhancement request to support service creation with an EPSG number parameter to set the coordinate system but I don't know when that will ship. @carsonlam ?

i.e. if your coordinate system has an EPSG code your future is bright, if not, maybe not so bright ;-)

The new parameter called Target WKID is now part of the FME 2019.1 betas (available at www.safe.com/beta).