Question

ArcInfo e00 format creation from MapInfo

• 22 January 2014
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Hi, I'm trying to create e00 files from MapInfo (all BNG  prjection) and i'm coming across a couple of issues....

1. warning message "Could not find an E00 mapping for datum of coordinate system `OSGB-7P'".  Can anybodyexplain what the importance of this message is?

2.  The resulting e00 files all have the file location held within the file (when opened up in Notepad, the first entry is "EXP  0 C:\\data\\...........", which i'd rather not have displayed to clients.  Is it possible to exclude this text?

3.  Using a clunky old MapInfo tool "ArcLink" i am able to avoid the issues above, but i'd much rather use FME for this translation.  

May thanks

rich.

1 reply

Badge
Hi Rich

We have a config file which defines output e00 coordinate systems based on the incoming FME projections and datums here:

<FME>\\Reproject\\E00CrdSysMapping.db

(this is a bit differnt that most formats where we just use files for exceptions)

The file is missing this datum and coordinate system so your ouput e00 files won't have a coordinate system defined.

If you happen to have an existing sample .e00 file in the coordinate system you want I could set-up this definition for you in the file.  

I don't think there is an easy way to remove that EXP line other than using a "Shut Down Python Script" in your workspace to open up the file and replace that string.