Question

Line to connect in order.

• 9 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have many points created with vertexcreator. These points are connected each other ( two by two ) and formed IFME Line. There is an order for each point. After 6 points there is a break. Then 4 more points connected each other 2 by 2 ( forming IFME Line) and the last one equal to the first point at the first Line.

I have to obtain two lines at the end , using LineJoiner with the 6 first points and then with the 4 last points. With these 2 lines i will to output the succeeding description of points coordinates using geom: Get-point ().

The problem : like the last point is equal to the first point, the LineJoiner connects the two lines . It's not what i want.

How can i do ? Is there an other solution if i want to obtain the list of my points coordinates ?

At the end, i have to obtain the list of each coordinates point (x,y) for the 2 "big" lines but the point connection ( first and ending points are similar) must be in the two lines.

Can you help me ?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @philippe33, probably I don't understand the situation correctly, but if you want to prevent that the LineJoiner connects specific two lines having a common end node, this approach might be applicable.

1. Save the first line geometry as an attribute with the GeometryExtractor.
  2. Remove the last vertex from the first line with the CoordinateRemover.
  3. Apply the LineJoiner to do something.
  4. Restore the original geometry with the GeometryReplacer.

Actually I'm unclear what the 2 "big" lines is. What do you mean?

Badge

Hi @philippe33, probably I don't understand the situation correctly, but if you want to prevent that the LineJoiner connects specific two lines having a common end node, this approach might be applicable.

1. Save the first line geometry as an attribute with the GeometryExtractor.
  2. Remove the last vertex from the first line with the CoordinateRemover.
  3. Apply the LineJoiner to do something.
  4. Restore the original geometry with the GeometryReplacer.

Actually I'm unclear what the 2 "big" lines is. What do you mean?

Hi,

it's for airspaces writing in AIXM Format.

i explain: in some case my airspace begin with a line then follows an arc and finally a line with the end point at the beginning of the first line. Close area.

in my workbench i extract arcs and write an XML template to describe them. For the lines i do the same thing and write a description of them with the succeeding position of the points ( linejoiner and geom: get -point (yx) In a templater Xml ).

but by making such linejoiner with the terminate point at the same position than the first point that is not what i want when the airspace is described by ( lines, arc, lines). I have to separe the 2 lines and linejoiner connect the first point of the first line with the end point of the ending line ( description : line, arc, line).

in other description of airspace ( line, arc, line, arc or arc, line, arc, line) no problem .

just problem when first is line and end is line with end point equal to first point. I can remove the ending point of the last line such that it doesn't be at the same position that the first point of the first line but when i retrieved the description of the second line with geom:get-point (yx) i lost the ending point. If i make a linecloser the geom:get-point retrieves the whole with the arc in the middle part. Not good for me

any idea ? It's only for the retrieving of position with get-point (yx)