Question

oracle_orientation from SqlExecutor

• 14 October 2015
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I need to get the orientation of point features being read from an Oracle Spatial database via SqlExecutor and written to an FFS. The oracle_orientation trait shows up in the Inspector but I need to extract it to an attribute.

I've tried the GeometryPropertyExtractor but don't seen how to set a new attribute with the oracle_orientation value.

thanks,

pj

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

The GeometryPropertyExtractor should work as to extract geometry traits to feature attributes. How did you set the parameters?

Takashi
Hi Takashi thanks for the reply.

I left the Part Select XQuery set to <All parts>

Property to Extract: = Traits

Traits to Extract: = oracle_orientation

I tried both settings for "Prefix Extracted..."  (ie yes and no)

No new attributes were created on the feature even though all features were processed on the Extracted ouput port.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Sounds strange. If the features were output from the Extracted port, they should have attribute containing the specified geometry trait. The "Extract Traits as List" checkbox is unchecked? If you have checked it, the trait will be stored in a list attribute. The list will not be displayed in the Table View of Data Inspector, but you can see its elements in the Feature Information.
Thanks Takashi - I don't have the checkbox checked - not sure what the issue is but a colleague has provided a workaround using an AttributeExposer.