Solved

Login fails with ampersand in password SQLExecutor.

• 23 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge

My user on the production MS SQL database has an ampersand (&) in their password and FME can't login with it.

Is there any workaround for this without having to change the password ?

This happens in both FME Desktop and Server.

Edit @TiaAtSafe:

The password also contains this special characters $&@=

Versions:

FME Server 2017.1.1.1

FME Desktop 2017.0.1.1 (20170512 Build 17291 WIN64)

icon

Best answer by trentatsafe 25 October 2017, 18:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

The & character is a special character in SQL (it's an AND operator) so it appears either FME or the database is interpreting that password as a query/statement and sort of forgetting about the &

I would raise this with Safe support if I were you. @LenaAtSafe handled a similar question (with an @ character and Oracle) a while ago so I'm tagging her, hopefully she can pick this up.

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

This was the similar issue recently

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/48622/how-can-i-connect-to-oracle-if-my-password-contain.html

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @rrdlpl, I've been able to successfully connect with a password containing "&". Are you able to share the log file or message from the failed attempt? (I had success in 2016.1 and 2017.1, please let me know if the issue is in an earlier version.)

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
@rrdlpl, thanks for clarifying the characters. I'll expand my testing.

Badge +6

Hello @rrdlpl,

I was able to reproduce the issue you are experiencing. It appears to be tied to the Embed Connection Parameters option. I have filed a PR and will update this posting once it has been addressed.

In the meantime, you should be able to connect using a Named Connection until this issue is addressed. I apologize for any inconveinence this has caused.
Badge +16

Hi @trentatsafe​,

I just came across this same issue with the embedded connection when the password includes an ampersand. Luckily it does work with the named connection, but I didn't know why it was failing to authenticate until I found this post. Is this still in the works?

FFME(R) 2020.2.0.0 (20201027 - Build 20787 - WIN64)