Question

Dynamic writer is systematically exporting n-1 areas

• 22 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I try to load oracle tables dynamically and export them with a dynamic writer (sqlite).

It seems to work, but one area is always missing.

When I tried to re-create the source table, another area was systematically missing.

When I tried to read from another tables (also with areas) again one area was always missing.

Is it something I'm doing wrong or is this a bug ?

Details about the script :

Thanks !

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @vdf, your configuration of Dynamic Schema Definition is wrong. Since you have left the Schema Source(s) the default "Schema From Schema Feature", the writer assumes the first feature is a schema feature. With your configuration, the writer uses the first feature to configure the destination schema, and won't write it to the destination dataset since it has "fme_schema_handling" with the value "schema_only".

In this case, you don't need to merge the schema feature coming from the <Schema> port to the data features coming from the <Generic> port. Try this workflow.

In addition, if the value of "TABLE_NAME" is always equal to the value of "fme_feature_type", this setting is also possible.

Hope this helps.

Hi @vdf, your configuration of Dynamic Schema Definition is wrong. Since you have left the Schema Source(s) the default "Schema From Schema Feature", the writer assumes the first feature is a schema feature. With your configuration, the writer uses the first feature to configure the destination schema, and won't write it to the destination dataset since it has "fme_schema_handling" with the value "schema_only".

In this case, you don't need to merge the schema feature coming from the <Schema> port to the data features coming from the <Generic> port. Try this workflow.

In addition, if the value of "TABLE_NAME" is always equal to the value of "fme_feature_type", this setting is also possible.

Hope this helps.

Not only does this perfectly solve my problem, it also explains exactly why it didn't work before

Thank you very much for your help and your time !