Question

how to convert (x And y) data table in oracle to shapefile and save it in the oracle database?

• 20 November 2017
  • 8 replies

8 replies

Userlevel 4

You can read the table using the Oracle Non-Spatial reader, then use the VertexCreator transformer to convert the X,Y values to a point geometry and send it to the Shape file writer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @eslamgis90,

How is the structure your information x and y in Oracle?

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge +11

You can read the table using the Oracle Non-Spatial reader, then use the VertexCreator transformer to convert the X,Y values to a point geometry and send it to the Shape file writer.

You might also want to set the coordinate system on the Writer or via CoordinateSystemSetter transformer.

Badge +11
Just to clarify... If I understand correctly, you want to read out some tabular data (Oracle Non-Spatial Reader) that contains x and y coordinate values, create a shape file (Shape Writer) and then create a new table in Oracle with the geometry (Oracle Spatial Writer)?

Hi @eslamgis90,

How is the structure your information x and y in Oracle?

Thanks,

Danilo

numbers format .

This is exactly what I want to do.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
This is exactly what I want to do.

As @david_r suggested, the VertexCreator transformer can be used to add a point geometry based on (x, y) to each feature read by the Oracle Non-Spatial Reader. You can then write them into a Shepefile file (with Shapefile Writer) and an Oracle database table (with Oracle Spatial Object Writer) simultaneously.

Just be aware that the license for FME Desktop Database Edition is required to create a workspace that contains the Oracle Spatial Object Writer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30
numbers format .

Good, could you share a example of your data?