Question

Workspace runner

• 20 July 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello,

I would like to use a workspace runner. I have a reader with several features and I want to take one feature and run my workspace, then take another one, run the workspace...

Is it possible?

5 replies

Badge +2

Is there a reason you want to use a WorkspaceRunner to process one feature at a time? A Workspace takes inputs as Parameters but it's not normal to pass a Feature in as a Parameter. It could work with certain types of data but not really geometry.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

HI @honkovam,

I think you need to explain the solution you are looking for in more detail.

It looks like WorkSpaceRunner might not be the only solution here, but we need to know a bit more to be able to help.

Badge

Hello erik_jan,

so basically, my workspace reads a file or a spatial table containing one polygon feature, converts to a wkt geometry, performs native spatial query (SQLExecutor) and output data as csv.

I have a few polygon features in my reader (it could be a spatial table or a shp file, anything) . I don't want to fan out these polygon features and write them into individual writers (files) and then use these individual files as an input for my workspace runner. I was wondering whether it's possible to iterate through my input polygon features, take the first feature from the reader - run the workspace - write csv1, move onto the next one - run the workspace - write csv2,....

Hope it makes more sense. Thanks

Badge +3

it is possible of course to do that.

But wether it is necessary or necessarily the wisest solution is unclear, as it is not known what your proces is.

Badge

it is possible of course to do that.

But wether it is necessary or necessarily the wisest solution is unclear, as it is not known what your proces is.

Hi @gio, so what would you suggest as a solution if not iterating? And how could I iterate?

Thanks