Question

How can autocad_anno_handle be created and associated between mtext and leader

• 9 December 2019
  • 9 replies

I am trying to create mtext leaders and I am trying to follow the documentation which has these attributes

and

I have tried to create text adder at last point on leader line and then write a unique annotation handle to autocad on both leader line and text but the entities are not associated when I open in autocad.

Can I not create text in a leader?

9 replies

Badge +3

how create autocad

leader

how create autocad

leader

I can make the leader but I need to attach text to leader here is workspace. filegdb2acad.fmwt

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

hi @garydlester, seems you have to give the text a handle and then you refer too in the line. I added some attributes in your workspace and exposed the format attributes in the writer: now when i move the text the leaders follow, is this what you were looking for?

filegdb2acad.fmw

hi @garydlester, seems you have to give the text a handle and then you refer too in the line. I added some attributes in your workspace and exposed the format attributes in the writer: now when i move the text the leaders follow, is this what you were looking for?

filegdb2acad.fmw

Yes that is exactly what I am looking for, your on a roll today!

filegdb2acad.fmw

@becchr I took your example and I added a landing to simulate a multileader. This is really cool.

LeaderExample.fmwt

Badge

Hi @garydlester​, @becchr​ ,

For some reason, I'm not able to set the entity_handle thing. Could you share either of you workspaces again perhaps? It seems they're not downloadable anymore.

Hi @garydlester​, @becchr​ ,

For some reason, I'm not able to set the entity_handle thing. Could you share either of you workspaces again perhaps? It seems they're not downloadable anymore.

Here is something that works.

Badge

Cheers, I'll give it a go. support also re-enabled the links for the older downloads.​

Badge

Thanks for the example. I got that far as well, but I was looking for a method to actually couple these, like in the example below where mtext and leader are seen as one object when selecting:

Screenshot_19 

Now these objects above are multi leaders, and I know that FME can't write multi leaders. But I was hopeful that you trick with entity_handle and entity_anno_handle would make a link between them. However, it doesn't matter functionally whether or not you actually set these two attributes, or even use the correct value.

Perhaps I'm missing something?