Question

write data to different Sheet

• 22 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +10

we want to save data in one excel document but with multiples sheets, each one will have a specific group of features

please sheet the attached Image

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @boubcher, if you set the fme_feature_type_name attribute to the Sheet Name field in the Excel writer feature type, each feature will be written into a sheet whose name is the same as the attribute value. See also here: Setting Feature Type Fanout

Badge +10

Hello Takashi

Thanks its now creating sheet for every data group, but I have no idea why it's duplicating the data ,I trayed o play multiple combinations with Feature type Dialogue but with no result

Any idea

save-to-diffrent-sheet2.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hello Takashi

Thanks its now creating sheet for every data group, but I have no idea why it's duplicating the data ,I trayed o play multiple combinations with Feature type Dialogue but with no result

Any idea

save-to-diffrent-sheet2.png

If you check the writer parameters in the Navigator there's one, for Excel, that says "Overwrite existing file", it's set to "No" by default which means each time you run the workspace it appends the results to the file, rather than writing a new copy.

Badge +10

Thanks ,

We did set the overwrite option to yes, but still, we are getting the data duplicated (exactly 4 times)

No idea how this possible?

Attached the work space

extact-transportation-schema.fmw

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Thanks ,

We did set the overwrite option to yes, but still, we are getting the data duplicated (exactly 4 times)

No idea how this possible?

Attached the work space

extact-transportation-schema.fmw

You have removed "TransportationZone**/" (** = 36, 37, 38, 39) from the values of "fme_feature_type_name". If there were "TransportationZone36/BusStation" and "TransportationZone37/BusStation" originally, naturally "BusStation" would get duplicated after translation.

Badge +10

Thanks TAKASHI , no idea how we missed that

:)