Question

Error "could not retrieve a list of available notification topics" while publishing notification service

• 9 September 2016
  • 9 replies

Badge

I am trying to publish a workbench with notification service. While trying to select a topic, i am getting the error "could not retrieve a list of available notification topics". What should I do?

9 replies

Badge +16

try again? Can be due to a network error as the error message states

Badge

Thanks for reply :)

Tried it lots of times...getting same message. After getting the above message if I click on Publish, I am getting below message

But I am able to access FME server via browser and also able to access the FME repositories during publishing from workbench. Only getting the message while trying to access notification topics for Notification service. If I gave only Job Submitter service for publishing it is getting published.

I ran the scripts below just before because Edit options are disabled while pubishing

• addSubscribers.bat
  • addPublishers.bat
  • addServices.bat
  • configureDemoWorkspaces.bat

as mentioned in the link http://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/AdminGuide/Post_Config_Steps.htm

Is there any place where I need to configure any creds after running the scripts?

Badge +16

Did you also change the config lines as described in step 4?

Badge

Did you also change the config lines as described in step 4?

the config lines are already configured in that way.

Badge +16

Could it be that the user does not have the permissions to use the notification service? you could check that in the security menu of FME Server.

Badge

I am publishing using admin credentials which has the role of fmeadmin and fmeadmin has permissions to all the services

Userlevel 4

Can you verify that your user has the 'fmeadmin' role?

Badge

By user do you mean the windows creds that I am using for logging in to the machine or the creds I am using to connect to the server in the first step for publishing the workbench?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Sorry if this is too basic, but if the message is "Can't retrieve a list of notification topics" can you check that there are notification topics defined that can be retrieved? Perhaps there aren't any? Does seem unlikely since there are some added by default, but still worth a check.

Failing that this sounds like a case for the Server support team - safe.com/support