Solved

Intersector - Overlap issue

I have a street table on which I am executing an Intersector to find out the intersecting nodes. I want to root out the end points and on doing a search in FMEPedia found out that if I filter for Overlap greater than or equal to 2, I will get my intersecting nodes. But, my overlap attributes are all coming up as blank. What does this mean? Am I doing something wrong here.
icon

Best answer by takashi 24 May 2013, 13:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

The transformer description says "The Overlap Count Attribute parameter names an attribute that will be added by the transformer, containing the number of collinear input lines that overlapped the output segment".

I suppose this attribute will be added to only output segments (lines).

Takashi
Hi Takashi,

Thanks for responding. What you are saying looks correct as that is what I am seeing. Then how can I eliminate those end points and get only the intersection points?
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

There may be several ways, I would use the SpatialRelator transformer.

After intersecting, input nodes to BASE, segments to CANDIDATE port separately, and select 'TOUCHES' for 'Test to Perform' parameter of the SpatialRelator.

Each output feature (node) will be added the related candidates (segments) count attribute (named _related_candidates by default), which will contain the number of touched segments in this case. So, then you can filter output nodes by testing this attribute value.

Takashi
Thanks Takashi. That works perfectly.
Worked great for me as well, Takashi!  I just set the Tester after the SpatialRelator to pass through anything with 3 or greater touches.  A point with 2 line segment touches only represents a segment end/begin point along a line, but a point with 3 line segment touches is a true intersection.  Thanks for posting this!