Question

Running the same desktop workspace twice simultaneously ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

Hi list.

I need to run the same master-servant workspace setup med two different and non-conflicting sets of data and setup.

I tried it yesterday, and first the master workspace complained about it being in use, and even when that's ok, it fails to run the workspacerunner, as the secondary workspace is also in use ?

Does this have something to do with the log file being locked, and if so, is there a way to make this work ?

My master only spawns workspacerunner once at a time, since I'm not sure parallel processing of the input datasets will work properly. So it's quite well behaved :-)

Cheers.

3 replies

Userlevel 4

The easiest is perhaps to either copy the .fmw file into two separate directories, or to rename the .fmw so that you have separate copies for each instance you intend to start.

Userlevel 1
Badge +22

The easiest is perhaps to either copy the .fmw file into two separate directories, or to rename the .fmw so that you have separate copies for each instance you intend to start.

Did that already. Not an elegant solution, imho.

Userlevel 3
Badge +26

As a test, if you set the log file as a parameter for both the master and slave, and give each a unique name, does it run? If so, you could append the date/time to the end of the log file to get a unique log file name for each run. Please see this thread for info on how to do that: https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/73248/unique-log-file-name-containing-username.html