Solved

Create 3D block of point cloud extents

• 25 October 2017
  • 5 replies
  • 1 view

Badge

I am trying to create 3d block of the point cloud extents and not really getting anywhere. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me in achieving this

Thanks,

Sam
icon

Best answer by redgeographics 25 October 2017, 14:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

You can use a PointCloudPropertyExtractor to get the min/max x,y and z values. Then a 2DBoxReplacer to create the 2D bounding box from the min/max x and y, a 3DForcer to set that to the min z value and an Extruder to extrude it to max z - min z

pointcloudextents.fmw

Hope this helps.

Badge

You can use a PointCloudPropertyExtractor to get the min/max x,y and z values. Then a 2DBoxReplacer to create the 2D bounding box from the min/max x and y, a 3DForcer to set that to the min z value and an Extruder to extrude it to max z - min z

pointcloudextents.fmw

Hope this helps.

That's does the job perfect thanks! How would I go about using this with multiple files for the input to create one dgn file that has all these individual blocks in?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

That's does the job perfect thanks! How would I go about using this with multiple files for the input to create one dgn file that has all these individual blocks in?

It does that already: just select more than one input file for the reader and add a DGN writer.

Badge

pointcloudextents.fmw

Hope this helps.

Ah yes so it does! Thanks very much

Badge

pointcloudextents.fmw

Hope this helps.

Hi RedGeographics, is there a way I would be able to write in the name of the point cloud into the 3D polygon that has been created as an attribute?