Question

CAD translation fails with Error Codes

Badge

Hello all,

I'm converting CAD data and I'm receiving this error code:

Postcondition failed at topology.cpp:1089. Expression: remainingLRP != nullptr

I'm thinking that it is caused by bad CAD data. Has anyone seen this error before?

Also, I'm just looking at Walls (for the moment), but when I translate the data, doors from the door layer come through. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Thanks, David

4 replies

Badge +10
Hi @david_prosack88 ,

Sorry to hear you are receiving this error code. It is not a super informative error. Would you be able to share your workspace, log file and/or data? This will be helpful in trying to help figure out the error.

If you cannot share your data here, please submit a problem report here.

Thank you!

Badge +3

At which point during the translation does this error message pops up? While at writing, try to use a GeometryValidator to filter and correct the data before writing them to (another?) format.

Badge

At which point during the translation does this error message pops up? While at writing, try to use a GeometryValidator to filter and correct the data before writing them to (another?) format.

Hi @verdoodtdries,

I re-ran the the workbench and added just walls to the workbench and received an "Error running translation" with it failing at the dissolver transformer. I also received multiple warnings before it failed saying, "a point was encountered that was enclosed in more than one polygon." I do not see any points in the CAD the drawing.

Thanks!

David
Badge +3
Hi @verdoodtdries,

I re-ran the the workbench and added just walls to the workbench and received an "Error running translation" with it failing at the dissolver transformer. I also received multiple warnings before it failed saying, "a point was encountered that was enclosed in more than one polygon." I do not see any points in the CAD the drawing.

Thanks!

David
Hi david_prosack88 ,

Can you provide a template workspace of the issue you want to solve. The points in FME are not automatically autocad_points. If you are e.g. using autocad_blocks these autocad entities can be read as points in FME. It all depends on your reader settings. I think your error message is due to the facts that you're providing input in the Dissolver transformer that can't be dissolved.