Question

parameter to deactivate other parameters

• 21 September 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello FMEers,

i'd like to define one published parameter which will use one of others. For example, I need to create statistical data by roles (parameter ROLES) xor by users (parameter USERS). If I choose by user, I want the ROLES parameter to be deactivated. After that I can choose which user...

So, question: how can I achieve that.

4 replies

Badge +16

Hi @zzupljanin, dont think 'deactivated' is an option for a parameter, seems to me like you want to test if a parameter1 has a value then do this but if parameter 2 had a value do that....if this is the case a simple tester or testfilter should do the job.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 4

From a user interaction point of view (GUI), that isn't possible.

But as Itay says, you can use your workspace logic to test for illegal combinations etc.

Badge +1

From a user interaction point of view (GUI), that isn't possible.

But as Itay says, you can use your workspace logic to test for illegal combinations etc.

Yes, that's what I needed. I understand Tester logic, but the question is with GUI... now I know, thank you.
Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Yes, unfortunately this isn't possible. It's filed as PR#36909 and I will let you know here if and when it is implemented.

The other action you can take is to upvote this idea: https://knowledge.safe.com/content/idea/25358/richer-user-parameters-prompt-ui.html